Friday, September 23, 2011

the dog days of summer


We have been spending the last days of summer hanging outside a bit with the kids. It is sweating hot here and I am itching to bring out my fall decorations but I just can't do it when it is 84 degrees outside and 94 inside and the last thing I want to do is hall up decorations from the basement and schvitz hanging them up. The days of summer are going to end soon and I get a heavy feeling when I think of the gray and rain that is about to come. Fall is great here as it cools down, we get the rain that we have needed for about two months now and the holidays come upon us. The only problem is that those gray days last until June. or July. and that is tough to bear. This year I hope to get more of my creative juices flowing and improve my photography. I am looking forward to getting the kids new rain gear and get ourselves outside, in spite of the constant drizzle.

Photobucket

Kelle Hampton started posting a Friday Phone Dump over the summer. I am going to join her with this tradition. I got my iPhone for my 32nd birthday in May and I absolutely love it. It is so nice to have a tiny, great camera with so much editing potential right in your pocket. I have taken probably 3000 pictures on my phone this summer. My favorite apps for the iPhone are Instagram, PS Express, Camera+, Hipstamatic and Labelbox. Here are some photos from this week.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment